My goal for the year was to read 10 books. Anything more would be a bonus. I have never read this many books in one year before so I had no idea if this was a stretch or something I could actually accomplish. I am so happy to say that I read 10 books!! From being a girl who hated reading to now loving books I am super proud of myself. I will be honest, there were some books I started and had to put down because I could not get into them. I am hoping to give them a second chance in 2018!
My original 2017 list you can see here. However, it ended up changing quite a bit. There were so many new books I discovered that totally sounded better then some I had on my list so they jumped ahead on my reading list. When I found one that was good I was so excited to get up in the morning to have quiet time and read before starting my day. I find my days always go better when I have quiet reading time to kick them off.
Here is the list of books I read in 2017:
- Cultivate by Lara Casey *
- Bread & Wine by Shauna Niequist *(Seriously, I just devour her books. Her writing is so good! Which is why 3 of her books made the list.)
- Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist
- Seven by Jen Hatmaker ( I read about half but couldn’t keep going.)
- The Life Giving Home by Sally Clarkson and Sarah Clarkson
- Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist *
- For The Love by Jen Hatmaker
- Hands Free Mama by Rachel Macy Stafford *
- Only Love Today by Rachel Macy Stafford ( I started this book but have not finished. I didn’t realize it was all small stories/inspiration)
- The Best Yes by Lysa Terkeurst
- The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson (Read about half and just didn’t feel it was fitting for my life right now with a young toddler)
- Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled World by Kristen Welch *
- Love Lives Here by Maria Goff*
Pretty much all of the books were great. I would highly recommend them all! The ones with * are my most favourites.